PORTRAIT WITHOUT BARRIERS
The price includes
– small group of participants
– introduction on how to work with the photographic equipment in professional studio, how to work with model
– individual approach, 1:1 sessions with the assigned model – the actor
– support of professional photographer – Radek Polak (www.radekpolak.com) during the whole workshop
– individual consultations
– individual consultation of a coach and trainer Anna Lipska on how to overcome the barrier during the photographer’s work with model
– panel discussion and experience sharing session with all participants and the photographer facilitated by the coach
– support of photo assistants during the whole day
– make-up artist on the photo session
– edition of the photos executed during the workshop
– possibility to publish the best photos from the workshop on 4photo social media
– good atmosphere and possibility to participate in workshop for English speakers
– coffee service
The price does not include
– the accomodation
“Photography for me is not looking, it’s feeling. If you can’t feel what you’re looking at, then you’re never going to get others to feel anything when they look at your pictures.”
Portrait without barriers
The idea of the workshop started after our trip to Podlasie with participants of “Exotic Poland: Podlasie”. The main problems of the young photographers were not about the equipment or technical skills – it was mainly their shyness and the fear of approaching the other person with the camera in hand. As such we decided to design the workshop especially focused on the portrait photography and the skills to overcome the barrier we face during the close contact with model.
We will work with the experienced portrait photographer Radek Polak, who will guide us not only to work and use photo studio, but also he will share his experience and day-to-day work routine. Apart from Radek, the other facilitator of the workshop will be the professional coach Anna Lipska, who will support us in the difficult battle with the fears we face while portraying people. Each of participants will work individually with the assigned actor – the one-to-one approach during this workshop will give us the unique possibility to establish personal relationship with the models.
6th December (Warsaw, Studio “Sól”)
6pm – the meeting with all participants, introduction, check of the equipment
10am – first photo session with the theatre actors
12am – lunch break
1:30pm – session with all participants, models, Radek Polak, facilitated by Anna Lipska – the coach. Discussion about the problems and the ways on how to overcome them
3:33pm – second photo session with the chance to correct the mistakes
6pm – coffee break and the summary of the whole day work
10am – selection and edition of the participants’ pictures – individual consultations with Radek Polak
1pm – lunch break
2:30pm – photo slideshow and the end of the workshop
How do we work?
Radek Polak born 1975 is a graduate of Photography at the Multimedia Department of the Academy of Fine Arts in Poznań,
As a commercial artist he regularly photographs celebrities from the world of culture, science and politics. His photographs are published in national press both in Poland and in Georgia (Elle, Esquire, Gala, MALE MAN, Twój Styl,
Anabechdi and Hot Chocolate). He portrayed among many other Ewan Mcgregor, Patrick Swayze, Władysław Bartoszewski, Wojciech Pszoniak, Daniel Olbrychski, Andrzej Seweryn , Ingolf Wunder, Rafał Olejniczak, Krystyna Sienkiewicz, Janusz Gajos, Kazimierz Kutz. He was awarded the first prize in Best lifestyle cover category of the Grand Front Awards, Poland. In 2009 he was a jury member of Kolga Photo Festival.
He also shoots advert campaigns for biggest polish and international clients such as: SAMSUNG, SHOWMAX, TMOBILE, ING BANK, BZWBK, PEUGOT, KAUFLAND, CASTORAMA, DBBANK, LOT Polish Airlines, and many more
One of Radek’s photo stories was awarded a honorable mention at the International Photography Awards and then published in prestigious aCurator magazine. In 2012 he started a 3-years’ photographic work on „Georgian Taste”, a book on Georgian culture, people and cuisine. The book got published in Poland in 2015.
* All pictures used to promote the event are taken from RADEK POLAK’s portfolio, the picture advertising the workshop was taken during the last year “Portrait without barriers” session by one of the participants